Modérateurs : vik, Modérateurs

Répondre
senorBIG
noob
noob
A été remercié : 1 fois

Some Quick Z Spin Findings

Message par senorBIG » 13 sept. 2015 - 15:08

First i just wanted to say thank you for Z Spin. so far, what i see is great and it runs basic hyperspin themes and launches games via rocketlauncher just great.

Just want to post up a few small suggestions/bugs
-There seems to be a capitalization issue. For example my Zinc setup is named 'Zinc' in my menu setup. My video was named 'ZiNc', so Z spin would not load it. renaming the video to 'Zinc' fixed this. I have a feeling this is a *nix capitalization issue and not a bug but i just wanted to bring this up.

- I do know that ZS only supports basic hyperspin themes but many of them will not load. Only get a white screen. Also, in full screen mode many of them keep the video in an aspect ratio. If you guys can somehow support stretching the video to the borders of the theme, that would help many hyperspin themes look complete. Especially some of the unified mega themes. They work very well in ZSpin but many of them have videos that do not stretch across to the video borders.

I cannot find any dedicated ZSpin themes yet so i have not tested any of them so far.

Porko
Modérateur
Modérateur
A remercié : 258 fois
A été remercié : 381 fois

Re: Some Quick Z Spin Findings

Message par Porko » 13 sept. 2015 - 15:25

Hi! and welcome!

There are a dedicated topic for ZSpin in English
zspin-f114/zspin-english-section-t7929.html

If you want to create a HTML5 them you can watch this tutorial (english subtitles)
[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]

A tutorial for default theme will coming soon

We have some theme in HTML for test
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

The compatibility with hyperspin's theme it's just basic for the moment (no animation)
For the name of your video this problem will be solved soon (for the moment respect upper and lower case)

Don't forget it's a beta... A good bedrock to build ^^

Sorry for my english

vik
Connaisseur
Connaisseur
A remercié : 18 fois
A été remercié : 319 fois

Message par vik » 13 sept. 2015 - 19:30

Thanks for your feedback !

Yes indeed the file-system is handled case-sensitive for now, maybe I will set everything to case insensitive.

I'm curious about your white screen theme ! can you upload them somewhere so I can take a look ? thanks.

We don't really know how to process the videos, because if we stretch them, the video will look bad if on a 16:9 screen ...
(but hyperspin done that before so.... i don't know)

what are the "unified mega themes" ?

thanks again

senorBIG
noob
noob

Message par senorBIG » 13 sept. 2015 - 21:44

vik a écrit :Thanks for your feedback !

Yes indeed the file-system is handled case-sensitive for now, maybe I will set everything to case insensitive.

I'm curious about your white screen theme ! can you upload them somewhere so I can take a look ? thanks.

We don't really know how to process the videos, because if we stretch them, the video will look bad if on a 16:9 screen ...
(but hyperspin done that before so.... i don't know)

what are the "unified mega themes" ?

thanks again
So sorry for posting in the wrong area. I will post these over at the other thread but i will place them here as well just in case.

I suspected that the case sensitive issue would be caused because of *nix support as many *nix systems are case sensitive. I will try to post up some of the themes that show up white when i find them again.

The unified mega themes were themes made to be simple themes with the video areas all in the same place. To give all of hyperspin a more unified, uniform look to it. Most of them work with no problems. Most of the artists that created the unified mega themes art created them with a public domain license. I might port them over to Z-Spin HTML5 themes once i get used to the theming system.

Thank you again for all of the hard work on Z-Spin. So far I love it!

vik
Connaisseur
Connaisseur
A remercié : 18 fois
A été remercié : 319 fois

Message par vik » 13 sept. 2015 - 22:42

Don't worry for the wrong area, I moved this to the zspin section :)

ok, thanks for the explanation on unified mega themes.

Don't hesitate to ask things / give your feedback, as you're not really into the french community (yet) you might encounter some difficulties there or here, so again don't hesitate to give your feedback, as we try to polish things everywhere !

senorBIG
noob
noob

Message par senorBIG » 15 sept. 2015 - 02:22

I just realized something. The theme that refuses to load is actually the default mame theme. :oops: The games did not have a theme and so it seems like z spin attempts to load the default mame theme but cannot and then goes to a white screen.

camarade35
Maître
Maître
A remercié : 619 fois
A été remercié : 739 fois

Message par camarade35 » 15 sept. 2015 - 08:06

Wednesday or Thursday, I will explain how to make a default theme and I think it will help you understand the operation.
Can you share a theme so I can try to please. Thank you

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mercredi ou je jeudi, j'expliquerais comment faire un thème défaut et je pense que cela pourra t'aider à comprendre le fonctionnement.
Peux-tu partager un thème pour que je puisse essayer s'il te plait. Merci
préservation du patrimoine vidéoludique et de notre planète

senorBIG
noob
noob

Message par senorBIG » 16 sept. 2015 - 12:57

https://mega.nz/#!C4kiBRJa!9QOLR3wt6oGr ... a8FNPigmV4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

here is my poor port of the HS unified mega theme for turbo grafx. i did this very fast and did not add any effects yet.

voici mon pauvre port de la méga thème HS unifié pour turbo grafx. Je l'ai fait très vite et de ne pas ajouter encore des effets.

camarade35
Maître
Maître
A remercié : 619 fois
A été remercié : 739 fois

Message par camarade35 » 16 sept. 2015 - 13:17

C'est joli, merci pour le partage.
Juste deux choses.

1 - Pour la manette, au lieu de "top", tu devrais renseigner "bottom" dans le code
2- Peux-tu ouvrir un sujet à cet endroit pour le partage, merci :
Et c’est visible ici : http://sixthemes.free.fr/NEC%20Turbo%20 ... %2016.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Une dernière chose, tu peux supprimer la vidéo du zip et mettre dans la source vidéo "Video.mp4"
Ensuite tu appelles ton thème "default" et tu remplaces le thème défaut d'origine.
Zspin va se charger de mettre la vidéo du jeu qui porte le même nom que la wheel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's pretty, thank you for sharing.
Just two things.

1 - For the joystick, instead of "top", you should learn "bottom" in the code
2- Can you open a topic at this place for sharing, thank you : mediaz-f117/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And that is visible here : http://sixthemes.free.fr/NEC%20Turbo%20 ... %2016.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One last thing, you can delete the video and from the zip. In HTML replace the video source by "video.mp4"
Then you call your theme "default.zip" and you replace the original default theme.
Zspin will load to the video game of the same name as the wheel.
préservation du patrimoine vidéoludique et de notre planète

senorBIG
noob
noob

Message par senorBIG » 16 sept. 2015 - 15:15

@camarade35

Je suis tombé sur quelques problèmes lors de l'utilisation du didacticiel dracunculose et a décidé d'ajouter un peu de mon propre code pour aider à stabiliser les choses pour les petites résolutions. Le didacticiel fonctionne très bien lorsque vous utilisez 1080p et ont développer sur un moniteur 1080p mais il ne tient pas compte des autres résolutions plus petites. Par exemple, je me sers réel arcade matérielle du moniteur de CGA et il ne peut gérer 640x480. Ainsi le thème semble toujours un peu de mal. Le thème semble un peu mieux la course en 800x600 - 1080p.

Je également eu des problèmes avec l'arrière-plan. le tutoriel originale suggère que vous définissez le fond comme une image. Qui aide à fond la redimensionner, mais le problème est, il laisse trop d'espace vide sur l'écran dans les petites résolutions. Les images au premier plan vont redimensionner mais je trouvé le fond n'a pas redimensionner à proportion. Au lieu de cela je configurer le fond d'image comme fond d'css appropriée. Je prévois éventuellement écrêtage le fond et qui lui permet de tuiles sur l'écran pour économiser de l'espace. Peut-être avoir le défilement de fond carrelée trop.

Tous les thèmes méga art HS unifiée est du domaine public et les documents de Photoshop sont librement disponibles. Mon idée était de faire un très bon modèle pour que je puisse ensuite les porter plus à Z de spin comme un simple ensemble de thèmes évolutifs. Les méga thèmes HS unifiées fonctionnent si bien en Z-spin, donc je ne sais pas si sa vaut la peine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ran into some problems when using the GWD tutorial and decided to add a bit of my own code to help stabilize things for smaller resolutions. The tutorial works great when you use 1080p and have develop on a 1080p monitor but it does not take into consideration other smaller resolutions. For example, I use real arcade CGA monitor hardware and it can only handle 640x480. So the theme still looks a little bit wrong. The theme looks a little better running in 800x600 - 1080p.

I also ran into problems with the background. the original tutorial suggest that you set the background as an image. That helps with background resizing but the problem is, it leaves too much empty space across the screen in smaller resolutions. The images in the foreground will resize but i found the background did not resize to proportion. Instead i set the background image as a proper css background. I plan on eventually clipping the background and allowing it to tile across the screen to save space. Maybe have the tiled background scroll too.

All of the HS unified mega themes art is public domain and the photoshop documents are freely available. My idea was to make a very good template so i could then port them over to Z spin as a simple set of scalable themes. The HS unified mega themes work so well in Z-spin so i don't know if its worth the effort.

Inquisitom
Connaisseur
Connaisseur
A remercié : 46 fois
A été remercié : 63 fois

Message par Inquisitom » 30 sept. 2015 - 20:10

@señorBIG : could you please upload a quick video to show us how the unified themes look in ZS ?

senorBIG
noob
noob

Message par senorBIG » 07 oct. 2015 - 23:37

@Inquisitom

My hyperspin hard drive has started to show bad sectors. I have been trying not to boot it up much until i can transfer as much data to a new drive. As soon as I can get a new drive working i will post up some videos but the themes look exactly the same except there are no animations. There are some videos of the unified mega themes on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/results?q=unified+megatheme" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Répondre

Revenir à « Foreigners »